Apparently this is what we are currently experiencing. The green/brown Philosopher's wool sweater is done and yesterday I drug this out of the queue. The hold up was deciding what to do with the neck. The pattern is for a cardigan and while I had made a pullover into a cardigan I had never done it the other direction before. So 10 pattern rows from the neck shaping it got relegated to the end of the line while I figured it out. That was 3 years ago. Since then I have had a little more time to learn a few more tricks. (I think making more than one of the Philosopher's Wool sweaters where the neck shaping is all done after the knitting is finished helped me get over the fear - ALOT.) And gotten either more brave or shamed about how long this had been sitting there.
So yesterday I got brave, wrote out a plan and started knitting. This of course took longer than anticipated. But it's done. The steeks are secured and cut and I am ready to pick up the stitches for the sleeves and neck band. All very exciting.
Now my mind is turning to Beadwork. I'll have to find it, of course, and figure out where I left off. This might be a good time to find all the UFOs, and line them up.
Maybe January 1, 2010 would be a good day to line them up, post them and then see how many I get finished by the end of the decade. It could be quite a challenge.