Monday, August 08, 2011

August comes in with a bang!

I am trying to focus on finishing UFOs/WIPs in August. So far I have done a great job. I have finished this sweater for my mother:

Mom's Sweater

It's a Philosopher's Wool kit she bought and I started this while I was at her house over Winter holidays. Making all the color decisions made this both fun and taxing. I also mixed the pattern rows from two or three different sweater patterns from their book Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified. This book is fabulous and I really love their yarn. I'm glad it's done, it fits her beautifully and she likes it a lot.

I also finished these socks:

Umbridge Socks

I started them in March. The pattern is Vellamo. The yarn is something I bought as a sock of the month kit, I started the socks and didn't care for the pattern so I frogged them and then the yarn languished in my stash for a long time. I had thought I should knit one in reverse (after seeing how much yarn was left after the first sock) but I forged ahead and ran out of yarn about halfway up the leg on the second sock. I managed to find some leftovers in my stash that was very close to the same color and proper weight. It does vary a little but not a lot and I'm happy with the socks and will certainly wear them.

I would post more links - but I find so many things on Ravelry and I don't want to post links on my blog that people can't reach.

This certainly should help my destash numbers, except she and I are going to do a knit along and so we bought new yarn this weekend. It's not here yet and I'm going to not add it to my totals until it shows up.

3 comments:

Valkryie Knit This said...

Woman! I'm doing a competive yarn shopping for work on monday, and I'm heading to Knits and Purls. Checking out their website, i see you listed! Awesome! :)

Knit-Knot said...

That's weird because I haven't taught a class there since last year.

Valkryie Knit This said...

really? you're not the sunday sock knitter? I liked that title! :)