Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend of Knitting

This was a weekend of finishing knitting.

Here are some lovely green socks.They are a sock of the month kit from The Knitter.com. I have no idea which month (or March 2008 which is what it says on the pattern). I'm so far behind that I will never catch up. The pattern is Down the Garden Path by Judy Alexander. The yarn is Trekking XXL, which I liked well enough to seek and buy. I knit them with 2.25mm Options dpns.

I also finished my second pair of Sock Wars Socks and the secret project. The only socks I currently have on the needles is a pair of Schaefer socks. I love the sock (I finished one) and the yarn, but the pattern is really tough. I'm sure I have frogged three socks worth of knitting just on the first sock.

I am busy with my purple felted bag. I have finished the body of the bag and 1/2 of one strap. I hope to have the knitting done this week and maybe even the felting! I am also going to (finally) start the socks I am making for my mother. It would be nice to have them done when my daughter goes to visit, so I can send them with her. We'll see. The pattern doesn't seem that hard, but you never know.

And sheep - I am ready to knit sheep!
Summer is here. Tomorrow - garden pics.

No comments: