Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sockmadness update

I managed to sneak in under the wire on Tuesday. I like the sock and the yarn - but I have to admit that you can't see the pattern that well. I also wish I had some rust colored sock yarn with which to do the afterthought heel. A not very good picture can be found here.

The next release is Sunday morning. I doubt if I will make that run, they are only taking the top three and I don't dare take Monday off. My mother will be here to visit this weekend and although she would happily let me knit all day (being all supportive and stuff) I don't imagine I really will knit all day. Of course you never can tell. I have my yarn selected and I'll ball it up tonight so it is all ready to go.

I have nearly completed the Strickwear shawl. The rows just keep getting longer and longer. I might be able to finish it up be Sunday. Then I think I will finish the linen one that I started last summer. I found it, the started bits, the yarn and the pattern. I think I'll take that as a sign.

I'm still plugging away on the AS Mary Tudor. I still haven't managed to get to the neck shaping.

The only thing I have cast on, other than sock madness socks, is a tea cosy which would have taken me a couple hours if I hadn't screwed up two hours worth of knitting, twice. Obviously I can't knit from worded directions while talking. Part of the problem is that the directions say Repeat row 4, repeat row 3 etc and I kept losing track of which time I was repeating row 3. I should just rewrite the directions for the following impaired. That and a pencil and post-it note should help me actually finish the silly thing, maybe next week. After I wash out of sock madness (sigh).

1 comment:

Alinore said...

Which Mary Tudor are you making?