Saturday, March 22, 2008

Baby sweaters

Since the shower is today it shouldn't spoil the surprise.

Sweater for my friend Kate's baby-to-be. It is Sue from Elsebeth Lavold Book 6. The yarn is Silky Wool. I really like working with it. I think we can say that I do not possess the baby sweater curse. I finished the sweater last week and so far no baby. But she is due any day. I hope she gets to stay for the shower.

I have finished one sock for my husband's birthday. His birthday is tomorrow. I hope I manage to find time to finish the second sock. The yarn is from Scout's Swag in a special color she dyed for my friend's store, called MN Vikings. The yardage is short for such big feet (and he doesn't really have big feet). so they are ankle length. I bought a sock pattern program and decided to play with it and compare the stitch count from it with what the Twisted Sisters Sock book and the Sensational Knitted Socks book said I would need. The program also gives a yarn yardage. If I had made the leg the usual length I would have run out 100 yards short. Assuming the pattern maker is correct I should have 10 yards left. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Today: In Seven said...

Found your blog by clicking "next blog", saying hello.

That is a cute sweater. I like the color and the buttons. Keep up the good work and good luck on the sock.

If you visit me, please leave a comment of no more than seven words or less! Have a great day.