Saturday, December 26, 2009

End of the year catch up

There was much knitting going on here this last month. I made several holiday gifts.

The green sweater is for my son. He isn't likely to come here so I can safely post this here. I hope he likes it.

The pattern is Tradition from Fair Isle Simplified. I used leftover yarn from other Philosopher's Wool sweaters I've made. I think it turned out quite beautifully.












Next is Bella Paquita. I had some issues with this pattern but I'm very pleased with the sweater. The yarn is Rowan Magpie I bought in a clearance sale most likely at the Sheepy Yarn Shop in White Bear Lake Minnesota.




Mother should stop reading now.

Is she gone?

She better be.

Okay -







I made her a scarf, very simple pattern using Sari Silk. As pretty as this is I am unlikely to EVER buy this yarn again. It was full of grass and other matter and several very thin spots that broke during knitting. The pattern is from Charmed Knits. Albus has very kindly assisted by holding the scarf for the pictures.


Since there were storms and work foo I didn't get to drive all the way to Minnesota and visit so I'll have to mail these things on Monday.

2 comments:

sara said...

I love the Bella Paquita and the jewel tones against the cool gray of the cat.

sara said...

...the jewel tones of the scarf.