Sunday, July 17, 2011

July - so far festive.

Sorry I missed posting last week. I've been trying to post weekly, but last Saturday I broke a tooth and blogging was the furthest thing from my mind.

The tooth has been removed and healing is on the way. There has been a LOT of sleeping. Waste of good knitting time, sleeping. Not much that can be done about that though.

There has been a little bit of finishing.

I made this hat:


The yarn is Wool of the Andes, in Hyacinth and Pumpkin. The pattern is one I made up. The shaping of the top needs some work.

I have also finished the knitting on the corset sweater. I bought buttons yesterday and I hope to get them sewn on today. The it will be finished. Yay! I can barely wait to try it on.

The pink Bohus is nearly finished as well. The second sleeve is about 1/2 done and the body is about 1/3 done. Hopefully it won't be long now.

I have also been busy washing up all the knits from the winter. I need to throw another load in today, maybe even a load of socks. I may also need to purchase some wool wash.

And plotting my next knitting project. I have narrowed it down to Thermal and Lopi sweater from Best of Interweave (the pic is about halfway down on the right). And August is finish WIPs month. I have several pairs of socks that need finishing. (second sock syndrome? me?)

No comments: