1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer basic yarns; Cascade, J&S, Louet gems, natural fibers are the bomb unless we are talking about cotton.
I don't like acrylics and novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have many different things, my Options are in the binder, but other needles are in fabric cases or totes
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was a child. My mother taught me when I was 4 or 5, but she says I wasn't serious about knitting until I was 7. There isn't a technique or pattern I haven't been able to manage or that I wasn't ready willing and able to take on.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do - Amazon is ndeplazes
5. What's your favorite scent?
amber and vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not really, but I like dark dark chocolate
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I haven't met a craft I didn't like. I have a wheel and many, many spindles.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a lot of different music. I have an iPod where I keep my music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like purple best but all other colors are good too.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Two kids (one 23 and one 17) and no pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats and mittens but no ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and sweaters
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks and sweaters
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars and dpns. I like all kinds of materials but I don't care for Pony plastic needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes - both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
years and years, let's not talk about it, shall we.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Swiss Independence. My family is Swiss.
At my house we refer to the winter holidays as the National Retailer's Cash Cow Holiday. The standard ones are really all too commercialized.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not at this moment (there are a couple of Alice Starmore books I'd like to have - but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on a book - ever!). Interweave Knits, Cast On and Verena Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
not at the moment
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love knitting socks. My feet are square - 9 inches around and 9 inches long
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am knitknot