Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stagnation!

I am still knitting Orangina. It feels like forever! It's only been a couple weeks though. Having that information on Ravelry certainly is useful. I am about 1 inch from joining the front to the back and knitting the ribbing on the bottom.

I am going to participate in a Harry Potter knitting competition, based loosely on the Tri-wizard Tournament. I'm quite excited to see how it will work. It starts September 5.

There is also a dishcloth swap I joined that starts soon (I hope). It's a great concept. 12 of us knit 1 dishcloth a month and then each month one of us receives a dishcloth from the other 11 knitters. I imagine I will knit all 12 using the same pattern. I really like it. I've already knit 20 or 30 of them and I'm still not tired of the pattern yet.

Ravelry certainly has made my knitting life busy. I love how easy it is to find new patterns and yarns there. No matter what I'm thinking about doing there is someone else who has made it or is thinking about it. I can look at the item knit in different colors and different yarns. Some people put great notes up on their 'project' page, which can be really helpful. I wish I was better about putting notes up.

I made more bread today. This time I made a medium rye and english muffin. The rye needs to be darker but the recipe is tasty. The english muffin is really cheater bread - it was made in the bread machine. It is also quite tasty. Both recipes came from King Arthur Flour.

I found another dark rye recipe, that I plan to try next week, on another site. I've had good and bad luck with that site. So next week, if the test bake is a success I'll post a link to that.

And with any luck at all I'll have a new project to talk about.

2 comments:

sara said...

I wish I'd bought the orngina pattern before I put myself on a yarn/pattern diet. I guess it will be there next year. I can't wait to see yours! I need to investigate some vegan bread machine recipes.

Knit-Knot said...

Vegan bread recipes shouldn't be hard to find - or create. I haven't used rice,soy or nut milks in my bread machine - but I'm sure they would work just fine.