Monday, November 08, 2010

Nov 8, 2010

Pictures do not do the colors in this yarn justice. It's a lovely brown with tweeds of orange. This is one of the very few yarns I bought without a project already in mind. I have MANY skeins.


It didn't take me long to find a project for which it is perfect: Thermal, from Knitty.com. It will be perfect when made from this. Knitty.com is a great source of interesting patterns. I'm not sure how many patterns I have knit from there - but I usually check there when I'm searching for inspiration and I am seldom disappointed.

Initially I had planned another project to post today. Then I saw this yarn and I decided to cast it on, while I waited for the extra skein of Black Water Abbey 2ply to show so I can finish St. Brigid.

1 comment:

sara said...

That pattern is great! Can't wait to see yours. And I agree with you on photographing yarn. It is so hard to get a true to color shot.