Monday, November 15, 2010

Nov 15, 2010

This yarn is destined to become Tempest.


I used Jaquard dye to create the lighter purple one myself, I was very pleased when it was finished, it was exactly the color I was trying to make. The darker is the Amethyst colorway. Both are Fleece Artist BFL 2/8 weight. When I ordered them I ordered a blue one - called Storm (I think) as the darker. It didn't have as much purple as the picture made it appear and the Amethyst was ALOT darker then it looked.

This is the trouble with online shopping. It's so hard to judge color, and even harder to judge how well they go together. I was concerned when I bought the yarn, but no yarn store near me carried this yarn so an in person review wasn't possible. I know I could probably have returned one of them, but I wanted to knit a swatch to see how they would go together, just in case they'd work.

No comments: