Sunday, November 07, 2010

Nov 7, 2010

Today's edition of 'holy crap I have a lot of yarn' is Starmore's Beadwork. A pretty bit of texture knitting. If nothing else this exercise is making me pretty sure I don't need to buy any yarn next year. Certainly not any sweater-worth quantities.


The yarn I selected for this is Scottish Fleet from Frangipani in Greystone. This is a lovely company to work with and having swatched this I can tell you the yarn is fabulous. The colors are vibrant. I fondle the sample card on a regular basis.



I have been forced to stop work on St. Brigid, at least until later this week. As I feared, I am going to run out of yarn. I estimate that I am about 1/4 of a skein short. Luckily I was able to locate someone who had a skein they were willing to get out of their stash. It should arrive later this week. I can only assume that promptly after receiving the replacement I will find an additional skein in my OWN stash. This would be pretty typical for me.

Hopefully pulling all this yarn out and reorganizing it will help me with that little problem. As I'm posting these up they are being bagged together and placed on the 'sorted' shelves. Perhaps January 1 will result in a picture of the organized work room.

No comments: