Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Grumpy - for no good reason

I'm just crabby. I'm not sure why. I'm staying in my cube and avoiding interacting with anyone who should be allowed to keep their head.

I am running out to a yarn store a little later. I'm grabbing a skein of yarn for a friend and, in all likelihood a couple skeins of koigu for the KOTR socks. There is yarn in my stash but I do not want to try to find it. I had enough trauma trying to find my keys this morning.

Last night I spun another 2 foot piece of the lovely silk/merino roving I bought last spring. I have 4.4 oz of it that was on sale - the last of the dye lot - cheap. I should have enough to make socks but I'm spinning it fine enough to knit a shawl should I decide to use it for that. It is a lovely color and I will take pictures just as soon as I have enough on the bobbin.

I have to figure out how much yardage of it I'll have. Then I can decide what I'm going to do with it. I also have a lovely "garnet" roving to spin which is suppose to be enough to make a sweater. I need to find a pattern so that I know what guage to spin it at. I hope that the Woolee Winder gets here soon. I've heard many good things about it and I can't wait to try it out.

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

I am with you on the GRUMPY. Migraines to not aid in making the grumpy any less grumpy either.

Anonymous said...

So, you want me to comment so you know I have read your blog....
I read your blog and I am not grumpy, but I live with GRUMPY.
The garnet yarn sounds like something that would be very nice for your mommy.
Love you!