Friday, March 10, 2006

Bitch Warning

I like rings, web rings, blog rings all kinds of rings. They are fun to surf through and join. Many blog rings require that you update your blog on a regular basis. I have no issue with this. It sounds like a good requirement to me.

But if you are going to require that people update their blogs regularily - then for heaven's sake make sure you update your ring regularily. Sitting in the queue for weeks and months is not conducive to pleasant feelings. Especially when there is no contact about why you are still in the queue. The code is up and functioning, blog updating is occuring.

The other thing that has been getting on my nerve lately (yes I have only one) is the dreaded Knit Along. If you are going to post that you are hosting a KAL on an open list and that everyone is welcome to join you then for the love of pearl when people ask to join RESPOND. Didn't get enough information - say so, don't know if you want this person to join you - say so. Complete silence is NOT the sign of a good host. Not to mention that when I see you posting about how you need one more skein of yarn X to finish a sweater for your beloved even if I have it, in the right dye-lot and I plan to never use it I am not likely to offer it to you. Just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is a ring? You can logically guess what definition I am referring to.
mom