Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pictures!

Images from camp! Some cool knitting

A sample sweater - child size. I love the design on this.

My favorite Meg quote of the weekend - "Baby Surprise jackets just drip off my needles."

She also said that she rips a lot. At least I'm not the only one.








A cute hat. The technique is called Armenian knitting. Meg and Joyce Williams have a new book coming out that shows this technique and contains patterns.

Here is a hat I made for Liz using the technique.












Here is the stranding on the inside. This technique strands the entire piece with the second color. You can pick up the color at any point and add a design. I used the unspun Iceland wool for this. It was hard to strand because the unspun came apart to easily.

But the hat is cute and Liz likes it. I hope it is warm. I would make matching mittens if the yarn wasn't so hard to knit. I could spin the remainder and then knit it up.



This was a cute little hat. I have left over yarn from the Red and White cardigan. I could make one like it. If you look close at the hat you can see the little I-cord loop on top. It is too sweet.

1 comment:

Sarah O G said...

you could make thrummed mitts to match the hat for liz