Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Stupid Internet Issues

In addition to spending 3 hours a day on the road I am also spending 2 hours a day fighting with dial-up on my SILs computer. Now, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate them letting us stay in their house. But 5 hours of my day, everyday is starting to wear. In addition it seems that the spam filters at Itasca.net are stripping out e-cards from my Secret Pal 8. It is probably the only account where I don't get some spam, but what else am I missing?

Which brings up another point - how many e-mail accounts do I have anyway? I've never counted - but I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 8. Why so mane? I have the sorted by hobby and I have the hobby accounts sorted by importance. If I'm holding an office of some sort the mail for that goes to a seperate account, that is checked everyday. Miscellaneous e-list go to other accounts. This makes it easy to get to stuff that I have to respond to promptly but it means that I log in to many accounts. There in being the problem with dial-up and webmail. Some of the ISPs have nice webmail that functions well, others, not so much. I might actually move all my stuff to gmail accounts, if only for the sorting functions.

I finished the tank last night. It fits and I have about 3/4 of the skien of silk left. I don't know what I will do with the left overs.

Now I'm going to have to start stringing beads for the purses I'm making. I think they should take a week to knit - but I'm going to start now because there is also sewing involved. Thanks to my friend G I have a table on which I can set up the sewing machine. I'm so happy with that. I could dance the dance of joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure to watch the mail. I sent a package on Thursday.