Thursday, April 09, 2015

A little sewing

I have a number of quilting projects in my pile of works in progress.  One of my favorite projects is Block of the Month quilts.  I have a disturbing number of them.  One of the issues with moving is that things get shoved into boxes and sometimes lost.  I'm still missing my good sewing scissors.

They will show up.  But in the mean time I've been organizing the sewing area, finding and sorting tools and projects.  Once the space was useable I rewarded myself with time to work on a couple of blocks for this quilt:

After I finished the first block I wondered where to put it so I didn't lose it while I continue with the sorting and stowing.  As usual, this led to some wondering the internet where I found a website that showed a 'block book' for storing the blocks.  I found fabric (doing more sorting and stowing as I went) and made this: 




The 'cover' is quilted fabric/batt sandwich, not fancy or heavily quilted.  The inner 'pages' are flannel, which because of it's nap, holds the blocks without pinning.  I didn't do anything to the the cut edges of the flannel so I will probably have some issues with fraying eventually.  But I will deal with that when the time comes.  

It turned out so well I'm making another for additional BOM projects that I'm working on.  

And how was your week? 

No comments: