Monday, May 08, 2006

I finished the sleeve on Mom's fair isle. There was much rejoicing. I hauled my sewing machine to my SILs house so I can sew it up and cut it up. Once the sleeves are attached to the body I'm sending it and a ball of yarn to my mother and she can put on the button bands! Or not - I'll probably feel guilty if I don't do it myself.

I now have to finish the knotwork sweater and I have finally completed something. I also have some blackwork that she was promised and that I should finish ASAP but it is hard and has lots of really little stitches.

I have enough left over yarn from three other sweaters to make another one. Plus I took apart one of the kits that I bought, subtracted some yarn and added in others to get a colorway more to my taste. I've brought those two out with me and I plan to finish knitting one of them while I'm there.

But this week will have to consist of finishing my dress for this weekend. I have to do the buttonholes by hand and that will take some time. I also have to finish up the buttons but that won't be so bad. I think it should take about 5-10 minutes to sew a buttonhole and there are only like 60 of them. That's only two or three days worth of work. No problem.

I think I'll break out the blackwork!

2 comments:

Valkryie Knit This said...

Holy crap that's a lot of buttons! :D

Hey, I think I was my phone last night. My mom called and I lost her too! So call me if you need directions! :D

Valkryie Knit This said...

http://stores.ebay.com/Jannettes-Rare-Yarns_Alice-Starmore_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ680968QQftidZ2QQtZkm

That's what I could find on ebay. Does that help?