Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A very productive weekend

I finished the mates to two of the socks shown last week (the first two). I still have to graft the toes but I always save up socks until I have several pair and do them all at once. It always takes me so long to get the kitchner stitch down that it only makes sense to have at least two pair I can do after I have figured out what I'm doing. I seem to forget it promptly after I close the book and get up.

I did 12 rows on my Black Water Abbey Sweater. Once I decided that I don't have to watch all the graphs I'm doing better with it. I should find a picture of the pattern to put on here - I'll attempt that later this week. It also helps that I have the base rows done. I'm having some trouble with the outside cable stitches being gappy, but not enough to take it out. I'm probably the only person who will ever notice it and I'm working on making it stop. Every item an act of self improvement.

I did a few rows on a new sock that I'm starting. I still might take it out and go back to the pattern that came with the yarn. I've only got an inch done so I won't have lost much.

I have also sent in my request for updated instructions for the TKGA master knitter program. I'm going to finish it this time. I have now made 6 sets of swatches and done the report twice. I would like to think that I've learned something and I need to stop being such a coward and send it in. I am making new swatches and rewriting my reports, because I'm assuming that I have learned and improved since the last time I did them (two summers ago). But I am going to send them in this time. I will not chicken out!

No comments: