Thursday, December 29, 2005

The end approaches

Three more days of 2005. I have been working on my list of Resolutions. Starting off the new year on the right foot. What, you ask, does this have to do with knitting? Well - my first resolution is to pay off bills, which means NO MORE YARN. It isn't like I don't already have enough to knit for a couple years without buying anything new. I'm going to keep the Sock of the Month membership, because I enjoy it. But other than that NO MORE YARN. :) We'll see how that goes.

This will probably also require a decrease in the fabric purchases area as well. But then it isn't like I NEED more fabric. Pretty much the same shape as the yarn.

This one resolution will assist in a couple of other annoying things. The overstuffed crafting room. If I knit up and sew up what I already have I just might be able to get in and out of that room without killing myself. So - first resolution - paying off bills.

The other item on my list is to lose that 20 pounds. I got my legs fixed so I should, in theory, be able to start running in May, when the snow is gone. I have since high school gained 40 pounds. I'd like to keep some of that because weighing in at 103 is not something I look forward to and lets be honest - it isn't attractive to be that thin. So 20 pounds, in a year. That's two pounds a month with time off next holiday season. This will also allow me to wear some of the nice things I have in my closet and thus avoid buying new bigger clothes, and thereby assisting with Resolution #1.

So - 2 Resolutions and that is enough for anybody. Two goals which will make a lot of other things better. Two manageable goals.

P.S. The redyeing of the green wool went swimmingly. I now have one chunk of lovely deep green and another chunk of an equally lovely but not so deep green. I will spin them together and they will make lovely socks. I only have 8 oz so that is pretty much the maximum output, two pairs of socks. (100gms = 1 pair, 8oz = 250 grams)

No comments: