Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Dyeing to know

I dyed some nice Alpaca/Merino/Silk last night. It was suppose to be GREEN. When I looked at it this morning, after it is mostly dry, it is green. I don't know if I should attempt to dye it again and hope for more color or not. There was still dye left in the pot so the dye solution didn't exhaust. Does that mean that the fiber took all the color it could? Will it not take more?

What to do what to do. I need a dyeing book with some trouble shooting tips. I suppose I could spin it up and then over dye the yarn. Would that work? Hmmm. So many questions so few answers.

I am getting a digital camera for Winter Holiday. My mother sent us Winter Holiday money and this is what we decided to do with it. I hope that I will get better pictures with it then I did with the old one.

No comments: