Saturday, December 05, 2015

Where did my year go!?

It's has been a really awful year.

Well not completely, but for the most part 2015 will not be in my book of times to remember fondly.

I did have the great blonde bombshell months.  Platinum blonde for the win.  But holy crap, high maintenance.  And then my position at work was eliminated and regular visits to the salon were out.  That much blonde is just hard on hair, and no trims is also bad. Eventually the color difference got the better of me and I tried to dye it.  I do this all the time, but this time the dye didn't stick to the blonde bits. So I tried to strip the color, fail.  Only one choice - a goooooood hair cut.  I went to a salon, told that stylist - the damaged bits need to go, but NO bangs.  Last thing she does? You guessed it.  I HATE growing out bangs.  Long layers are bad enough, but were a necessity.  Bangs are just a misery.

Over all the hair cut isn't bad.  My hair is much better now and I can face growing out the layers and have my beloved bob back.  The bangs, however, already fill me with dread.

On to better things - KNITTING!

I am making another Baby Surprise Jacket.  This one is a commission knit, for a very good friend. I have 3 rows left before the bind off.  I could have finished it hours ago, but I'm just sitting here looking at it.  I have no idea why, but I LOVE making this little masterpieces.  I even enjoyed the never ending, bulky acrylic, Adult Surprise Jacket I made (and then gave away - it didn't fit me).

I have approximately 8 pairs of socks in various stages of completion.  I would like to finish those this month.  In fact I'd like to finish all the WIPs and start the new year fresh.  Unfortunately there are only 24 hours in a day so that just isn't feasible.

It would be nice to make a good dent in them though so that will be my goal.  I should make a list and then check them off as they get finished.  It always feels so great to watch a list of to-dos dwindle. Plus I'm sure my mother would like to have the three or four objects I'm working on for her.

No comments: