Thursday, November 05, 2015

Guy who?

Just a short rambling post.

I've taken out and knitted the same two rows on my 'Square necked Cardigan' all day.



I decided to give myself a break, dyed a pot full of wool - which doesn't seem to have come out as I'd planned.  It will be going up, as intended, on Etsy either tomorrow or this weekend. I like dyeing, but I couldn't ever do a real shop.  I'm not disciplined enough and I'd never get the same thing twice.  

Then I decided to make the rice pudding I've been promising myself for months.  I went looking for a recipe I could throw in the slow cooker and after I got everything started I decided to read the reviews.  I never read them first, I alway trust my own instincts on the recipe being something I'll like. However, sometimes I read them for the amusement.  

I have to admit that my personal favorite are the negative reviews where they changed everything (or several things) about the recipe and it didn't come out well.  Once you have made more than two substantial changes to the recipe it's not the recipe's fault if its bad.  

Come to think of it, I've seen it on knitting pattern reviews as well.  I've been known to make changes to patterns to suit my personal style but I'd never blame the designer or the pattern writing when the funny fit is because I removed all the shaping and used fingering weight yarn instead of worsted weight.  But that isn't true of everyone. 

No comments: