I've also made progress on several afghans. This one is my current favorite. There are several patterns using this stitch on Ravelry but I started with the pattern I found at Lion Brand's website.
I'm using the large amounts of yarn my father got for me. This will be nice Large afghan for the couch or a bed.
I've also started putting together the top with these blocks. It took a long time and several failed starts on a nice assembly method. This is a simple slipstitch join that 'zips' the blocks together. Because the backgrounds are not all the same it give a nice edge to the blocks.
And since there is still MORE acrylic yarn to be used up I'm designing (and I use the term loosely) this afghan to use up all the remaining bits that aren't big enough for the other projects or have already been used more than a fair share. It's a simple SC row increased on both ends so that the stripes will grow from the corner. When it's as wide as I want it I'll change to increasing on one and and decreasing on the other until it's as long as I want and then decrease on both ends until there are no stitches left.
The other item I've finished this past week is some card weaving. This is just over 2.5 yards about 1/2 wide. It's quite pretty I think and I'm going to use it and another wider pattern to trim a dress that I will wear for my historical recreation group.
In addition finishing up a few WIPs I'm thinking that I should put together a set of projects to start and finish this next year. I want to finish the purple and blue Philosopher's Wool sweater and many pairs of socks and a couple of Starmore sweaters that are sitting in my stash. I plan to put together a list and a timeline and see if I can stick to it for 6 months. It will be good to find the patterns and yarn and get them in a place I can find them. Too often I can't find either the pattern or the yarn and I waste scads of time and motivation looking instead of doing.