Monday we are dyeing wool. I am really looking forward to that.
I created a little spreadsheet to estimate how much wool I need to dye to make the Tulip sweater. I tested the first measurement and it came out about 4 yards long. This is good! I will probably end up knitting the entire sweater once to verify the amounts but then I’ll know for future reference that the estimator works and I can use it for other (simple) items. I’m using the same yarn I plan to dye, but in leftovers from other projects. I’m not sure how the colors will work out together though. It could be quite ugly.
My plan for Sunday and Monday morning is to get stuff moved out of the work room. I have started some of that but there is a lot. I hope to have it mostly done by the middle of next week. Making a list of UFOs will be part of the process. Since the only real votes were for making next year a UFO year I might as well get the pre-work on that started. I also need to get a good look at what I have that I can complete for this year’s challenge.
Pictures shall be forthcoming!