Friday, August 22, 2008

Blame the internet

Sock socks socks. I love socks. I want to knit all the patterns in my stash and a whole bunch of new ones I found while surfing the internet this week. I don’t think it is even possible to knit them all let alone wear them. I’m perfectly willing to try, don’t get me wrong. But that’s a lot of socks!

I’m working on learning Portuguese knitting technique. So far It’s going well. But I’m only knitting. I’ll try purling next and then – maybe – something more complicated. Maybe a birthday present for someone special. Do I know anyone special? Hmmm.

I’ve decided that I have to make a cedar chest for my sweaters. Buying one was an option, until I saw the prices. Just - no. I found a nice pattern and I’m going to try it out making a small chest for my other hobby. It if works then I will see about constructing something larger. Last night the spouse and I went to Menard’s and got a general idea of the cost. I need to make a cutting diagram so I can buy the fewest pieces.

The current obsessive project is a baby blanket for charity. I have about 1/3 of it finished. I have also found another cute hat pattern to try. And socks – I have three pairs of socks on needles and another 4 pair waiting in the wings. There has been no spinning this week. I have much plying to do though and I have found the parts I need for the tensioned lazy kate. Now I just have to find the pieces for the niddy noddy.

No comments: