Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Gotta love the IKEA

I went to IKEA on Sunday. I went to the 'as-is' area and found some great things. I got some storage bins (I need several tens more) for a decent price. I also found a table top for a new sewing table. The feet cost more than the top. I attempted to get the new table set up last night, I opened boxes, read instructions and looked for tools.

My Aunt B asked me to make her a sweater. I ordered the kit on Saturday morning. It shipped yesterday. Just what I needed MORE YARN. I'm actually very excited about this project. I'll have to start balling yarn as soon as it arrives.

I finished a sleeve for another Philosophers' Wool sweater. I bought the Kilim jacket kit several years ago and just couldn't seem to get it started. I started about 8 times but the colors were never right. So I sat down with their book, and found another pattern that will work with the yarn I have.

I still like the Kilim jacket a lot. I think I might sit down and choose some yarn and put together my own kit for it. Something more in touch with my personal asethetic. I think that using their book and kits is a really good way to play with color for the most part. It has certainly made me more adventurous with changing patterns.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You went to IKEA without me? I'm hurt and saddened.... ;^)

Glad you are back home and talk to you soon.