Monday, May 07, 2007

The red and white cardigan.

It's done! Pictures after washing and blocking. Still haven't found the right buttons. But except for the buttons, the knitting and sewing is done.

The yarn that was to be Picovoli is going to be the Shapely Tank. I am going to cast it on next. It will be lovely.

I spent Saturday sewing canvas and Sunday unsewing canvas. It isn't as bad as it sounds and I did get one top done except for the last seam. With any luck I can get Mary's top redone tomorrow night.

The kids are gone. Liz is at Grandma's house and Josh is back at college. It will be nice and quiet around here for a week. The quiet will do me a world of good, but I doubt I will get anything much done.

Maybe another sweater!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Picovoli IS lovely. Hmm . . . thoughts in my head.

Guinifer said...

I have some lilac Rowan Calmer looking for a summer pattern - do you think it would work in that Shapely Tank?

Knit-Knot said...

I don't know. The guage is off quite a bit - but you could knit a swatch and see. Ifyou used size 6 needles it might work out alright. The other thing to consider is the stretch needed to maintain the shape.

Liz said...

I can attest that the red and white is lovely indeed! Too bad it's a bit on the warm side to wear it now.

Like the blog redesign.