Saturday, May 19, 2012

Silk sweater - again

I'm knitting another worsted single ply silk sweater.  This time I'm using Tilli Tomas Pure and Simple.  What a difference the yarn makes.  This hasn't been even a little bit twisty, and there are many fewer lumpy, slubby bits.

The only really annoying part is - the pattern calls for 5 skeins.  I ordered one extra as a just incase, dye lot protection.  But I've barely started the 3rd skein and I have less than 1/2 the last sleeve left.  This yarn is WAY too expensive to have that much left over.   I could likely return it, except it's a special order since the store didn't have enough of a dye lot for the sweater.

However - I'm making a cardigan and I decided (knowing I was going to have sufficient left over yarn) to make a tank as well.  A cute little sweater set for work.  I wonder if I can manage to accomplish that by month end?

EDITED TO ADD: I've finished the knitting.  When I went to get the other pieces so I could start sewing this together I discovered there were 3 (three!!!) skeins left untouched.  That is utterly ridiculous.  I made this sweater 3 inches longer through the body.  If I'd only purchased the amount in the pattern I'd have had 2 skeins left over. - That's $60 worth of yarn: ABSOLUTELY INSANE!  I am going to see if the yarn store will accept it back, even if it's only for in-store credit (I'll use that happily enough).   I won't be too upset if they don't - they do say they don't accept returns on special orders.  But they do carry this yarn so there may be a chance. We'll see.

No comments: