Friday, May 20, 2011

Did you ever?

Start a project and even though you just keep knitting you are pretty sure you will never wear the item? I'm knitting this sweater:
(Prussian Jewels)

In these colors (sorry the picture is so dark - it's still raining here but I think we might get a little sunshine today):

The colors are too bright for me, I don't wear these kinds of colors. Even with all the lovely purple - will I wear it? I don't know. But some how, I just don't think I will. So why am I finishing it anyway? I can't even imagine what I'm thinking. I bet I finish it, wash it, block it and try it on. I might even wear it once. Then unknit it and repurpose the yarn.

Still I press forward. Because, after all, I'm also making this
(Bohus Sweater)

In PINK! I don't wear pink. I love this yarn (This kit is from Kimmet Croft, I wish they had a website). This yarn is soft and delightful to knit. I'm trying to decide if I should order one from Sweden to compare the yarn. Or just order another kit from Kimmet Croft and enjoy the yarn.

Have I mentioned lately that if I knit a sweater a month it would take me over 3 years to knit what's in my stash!? I haven't reach SABLE Status yet, I am however still stunned by it. It is a relief. I don't know about the socks though, that could take longer.

No comments: