Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Great Wooly Board Hunt

The search for a wooly board is complete, in that I have found plans to make my own.

This will make it easier to take pictures of my sweaters and more important to block the fair isle sweaters more effectively. Since I found directions to make my own I can afford to buy that ball winder. And more yarn!

I have finally rewritten the instructions for the aran sweater so that I can make them work. They weren't exactly written wrong - just very unclearly. The color is great a lovely gold.

2 comments:

Valkryie Knit This said...

What, pray tell, is a wooly board?

Knit-Knot said...

I wooly board is used to block sweaters while drying them. They are especially useful for blocking fair isle sweaters, like the Alice Starmore patterns I like so much.