Thursday, January 05, 2017

Happy New Year

I wrote this on the 1st.  Some how I messed up and it didn't publish.

2016 was a mix of good and bad as all years are.  Bad things happened. Good things happened.  I  hope that in 2016 the good outweighed the bad for you.  May 2017 be so filled with good that you don't notice the bad.

I spent yesterday going through yarn and yarn projects.  I pulled a few projects that I'm not going to finish and am working on raveling, skeining and washing the yarn.  I started a new sweater on New Years Eve, but after finishing about half the back I ripped it back.  I'm going to knit this instead:


By  Frankie Brown .  So far I have managed to make two leaves


I've decided to rip back this afghan: 


I've found a couple of small block patterns I like and a bin to chuck them in.  Pixel Squares and Mini Hexies.  I found a good container to store them in and when I have enough I'll sew them up.  

I sewed up all the Primrose Path blocks I have and I need to make more.  Luckily I STILL have a bin full of acrylic yarn to use. 

Otherwise, yarn-wise,  I seem to have an ever growing list of things started and nothing on note finished. 

I took a long arm quilting class at a local quilting store.  I've quilted a baby quilt (part of the class), a charity quilt and my mother's Christmas quilt from 2015.  So far I've only used the all over patterns you follow but I'd really like to try my hand at free hand quilting.  At $15 an hour  I'm not sure when I'll manage to try that.  The staff and customers at the store are amazing though.  They have all been very helpful and if it wasn't for the kindness of the other customers (who are more experienced) my time on the machines would have been less successful.  

I've also been trying my hand at quilting on my regular machine.  So far it has been unsuccessful.  I can't get the tension right, I can't get the stitch size regulated and on and on. I've signed up for a couple classes online.  I'm hoping one of them works.  My next plan is to try one of the other machines I have.  Sometimes that does the trick.  I have no idea why. 




No comments: